Threema. Secure Messenger v2.4 Build 221
Requirements: Android 4.0+
Threema is the world’s favorite secure messenger and keeps your data out of the hands of hackers, corporations and governments.
Threema can be used completely anonymously, and offers a rich set of features.
HIGHEST ENCRYPTION STRENGTH
Threema encrypts ALL your communications END-TO-END including messages, group chats, media files and even status messages. You can rest assured that only the intended recipient can read your chats, and nobody else – not even us. Threema uses the trusted open source NaCl cryptography library for encryption. The encryption keys are generated and safely stored on user’s devices to prevent backdoor access or copies.
Threema is designed to generate as little data on servers as possible – this is a core part of our concept. Group memberships and contact lists are managed on your device only, and never stored on our servers. Messages are immediately deleted after they have been delivered. Local files are stored encrypted on your mobile phone or tablet. All this effectively prevents the collection and misuse of your personal information, including meta data.
Threema is not only an encrypted and private messenger but also versatile and feature-rich.
• create a poll with the unique poll feature
• write text and send voice messages
• send any type of file (pdf, animated gif, mp3, doc, zip, etc.)
• share videos, pictures and locations
• create group chats, add and remove members at any time
• synchronize your contacts (optional)
• verify the identity of a contact by scanning their personal QR code
• use Threema as anonymous instant messaging tool
UNIQUE POLL FEATURE
The integrated poll feature in Threema makes decisions easy. Easily poll your friends on anything in just a few simple steps and get immediate results.
Each Threema user receives a random Threema ID for identification. A phone number or email address is not required to use Threema. This unique feature allows you to use Threema completely anonymously – no need to give up private information or to open an account.
We let users confirm trusted contacts with a QR code or a key fingerprint to prevent man in the middle attacks.
We are a 100% independent and self-financed company in the heart of Switzerland with its own servers and in-house software development. Switzerland is a country with some of the most user friendly privacy laws in the world.
Threema is a private messenger, but it still requires the following permissions (only used if the corresponding functionality is requested).
• Read your contacts / modify your contacts: used for address book synchronization. When the synchronization is turned off, your contact data is not read or modified.
• Receive text messages: used for automatically linking your Threema ID to a mobile phone number. This permission is used only during the initial verification process.
• Precise location (GPS and network based): used for "send location" feature.
• Add or remove accounts, find accounts, create accounts: required for contact synchronization and integration in Android's account management.
• Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage: required for storing media files (images, videos, audio).
• Read phone status and identity: pre-fills your phone number if linking is desired. Only used during initial setup.
• Threema's functionality can be further extended by separately downloadable plugins which may require additional permissions (e.g. access to camera, microphone).
* Send any type of file (pdf, animated gif, mp3, doc, zip, etc, up to 20MB per file)
* Group chats now support up to 30 members
* Many improvements and bug fixes
Download Threema. Secure Messenger v2.4 Build 221 Apk or Apk